Saudi Kayan to receive more ethane gas for Jubail complex
The Ministry is reportedly planning to supply an additional 10 million cubic feet per day of ethane to the Jubail-based company effective as of July 1, 2015. The additional ethane allocation will enable the company to increase its ethylene production by 93,000 tons/year and its ethylene oxide production by 61,000 tons/year by the second quarter of 2017 as well as reducing the company’s consumption of butane feedstock.
In addition, SABIC will cut the marketing charges it assesses for Saudi Kayan so that the company will save 280 million riyals ($74.6 million) this year and 600 million ($160 million) riyals per year once the planned expansion projects are completed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally