Saudi PE dealt lower for Dec in Egypt, no discount on PP
The converter’s recent done deal levels for Saudi LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film are at $1170/ton CIF Suez, Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
Meanwhile, the buyer also purchased some PP from the major at the initial December levels which stood at $1050/ton for PP raffia and injection and at $1080/ton for PP film and fibre, with the same terms.
“Demand is still weak locally as prices are firming up due to the higher dollar parity and tight availability. Buyers are still struggling with the tight liquidity problems,” commented the converter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe