Saudi PE dealt lower for Dec in Egypt, no discount on PP
The converter’s recent done deal levels for Saudi LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film are at $1170/ton CIF Suez, Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
Meanwhile, the buyer also purchased some PP from the major at the initial December levels which stood at $1050/ton for PP raffia and injection and at $1080/ton for PP film and fibre, with the same terms.
“Demand is still weak locally as prices are firming up due to the higher dollar parity and tight availability. Buyers are still struggling with the tight liquidity problems,” commented the converter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins