Saudi PE dealt lower for September in Jordan
“We were able to conclude deals $10/ton lower for September with a major Saudi producer. Offers are more or less stable from the previous month and supplies are ample. Demand for our end product is faltering and we haven’t seen any improvement since the Eid holidays. Plus, the overall market activity is slow. We are waiting to receive the new price announcements within the upcoming days and we are expecting a mostly steady trend for October,” commented the buyer.
The buyer concluded deals at $1160/ton for HDPE film and LDPE film and at $1170/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on CIP Amman, Jordan, 90 days basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets