Saudi PP, PE dealt lower in Egypt after initial hikes
The converter’s recent done deal levels for are at $1320/ton for HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE film, at $1350/ton for HDPE b/m, at $1370/ton for HDPE inj., at $1330/ton for HDPE pipe, at $1170/ton for PP raffia and inj., at $1230/ton for PPBC inj. and at $1330/ton for PPRC inj, all on CIF Suez, Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
“Following the negotiations, the Saudi major conceded to give discounts while the local traders started to lower their offers in the local market in line with the recent weakening in dollar parity,” said the converter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets down as demand weakens further in May
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand