Saudi PP, PE dealt lower in Egypt after initial hikes
The converter’s recent done deal levels for are at $1320/ton for HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE film, at $1350/ton for HDPE b/m, at $1370/ton for HDPE inj., at $1330/ton for HDPE pipe, at $1170/ton for PP raffia and inj., at $1230/ton for PPBC inj. and at $1330/ton for PPRC inj, all on CIF Suez, Egypt, 90 days deferred payment.
“Following the negotiations, the Saudi major conceded to give discounts while the local traders started to lower their offers in the local market in line with the recent weakening in dollar parity,” said the converter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers