Saudi PP raffia traded lower in China
An agent of a Saudi producer stated, “Import PP prices have been declining since the beginning of the week as futures recorded notable losses. Demand is thin at the moment while inventory levels of Sinopec and CNPC increased compared to last week.”
The agent reported that the producer was initially seeking $1100/ton CIF, cash for PP raffia, but they conceded to giving $30-40/ton decreases on their offer and concluded deals at $1060-1070/ton. “Our customers are now placing bids at $1050/ton CIF,” he added.
A trader operating in China commented, “PP sentiment was affected significantly by the recent drops in futures prices. Buyers who already have sufficient inventories retreated to the sidelines in anticipation of seeing lower levels. Most traders currently offer Saudi PP raffia at $1080/ton CIF, cash while we just received an offer from a Saudi producer at $1070/ton with the same terms.”
In China, the overall range for import homo-PP raffia prices is currently quoted at $1040-1090/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe