Saudi PP raffia traded lower in China
An agent of a Saudi producer stated, “Import PP prices have been declining since the beginning of the week as futures recorded notable losses. Demand is thin at the moment while inventory levels of Sinopec and CNPC increased compared to last week.”
The agent reported that the producer was initially seeking $1100/ton CIF, cash for PP raffia, but they conceded to giving $30-40/ton decreases on their offer and concluded deals at $1060-1070/ton. “Our customers are now placing bids at $1050/ton CIF,” he added.
A trader operating in China commented, “PP sentiment was affected significantly by the recent drops in futures prices. Buyers who already have sufficient inventories retreated to the sidelines in anticipation of seeing lower levels. Most traders currently offer Saudi PP raffia at $1080/ton CIF, cash while we just received an offer from a Saudi producer at $1070/ton with the same terms.”
In China, the overall range for import homo-PP raffia prices is currently quoted at $1040-1090/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?