Saudi Polymers shuts Al-Jubail complex for maintenance
Petrochem, which owns 65% of Saudi Polymers, reported that the company carries out planned maintenance every four to five years.
The complex has a production capacity of 1.165m tons/year of ethylene; 430,000 tons/year of propylene; 1.1m tons/year of HDPE, 400,000 tons/year of PP, 200,000 tons/year of PS and 200,000 tons/year of styrene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia