Saudi Sabic and Aramco sign deal for oil-to-chemicals project
Aramco reported in a statement on its official website that the parties could substantially increase Saudi Arabia’s production of petrochemicals, while enabling them to boost exports and spur industrial diversification. The companies aim to diversify the kingdom’s feedstock mix and use crude oil directly as feedstock for producing petrochemicals.
The companies also reported that they are currently studying possible investment opportunities in shale gas.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand