Saudi Sadara Chemical begins PE production in Jubail
The new PE plant can produce 375,000 tons/year of LLDPE, according to the company’s statement to the bourse.
The Jubail-based complex will house the world’s largest chemical complex ever built in a single phase with 26 integrated world-scale manufacturing plants. These plants are expected to produce more than 3 million tons per year of petrochemicals. The company is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?