Saudi Sadara Chemical begins PE production in Jubail
The new PE plant can produce 375,000 tons/year of LLDPE, according to the company’s statement to the bourse.
The Jubail-based complex will house the world’s largest chemical complex ever built in a single phase with 26 integrated world-scale manufacturing plants. These plants are expected to produce more than 3 million tons per year of petrochemicals. The company is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?