Saudi Sadara Chemical begins PE production in Jubail
The new PE plant can produce 375,000 tons/year of LLDPE, according to the company’s statement to the bourse.
The Jubail-based complex will house the world’s largest chemical complex ever built in a single phase with 26 integrated world-scale manufacturing plants. These plants are expected to produce more than 3 million tons per year of petrochemicals. The company is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?