Saudi Sadara launches Middle East’s first mixed-feed cracker
According to a statement on the company’s website, the new cracker is made up of 12 furnaces, of these, seven will be used to crack ethane while the remaining five will be used to crack naphtha.
The Sadara complex is the largest petrochemical facility to be built in a single phase. All facilities at the complex are scheduled to be commissioned by the end of 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019