Saudi Sadara starts pre-marketing PE from Jubail petchem site
The company is expected to start up the first phase of the new 3 million tons/year complex, which houses a 350,000 tons/year LDPE line and two LLDPE lines with a total production capacity of 750,000 tons/year, by the end of this year.
The new complex also houses a 220,000 tons/year metallocene polyolefin elastomer plant, a cracker as well as aromatics and polyurethanes units. The plant is expected to reach full operations by the end of 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets