Saudi Savola plans to sell plastic unit
Since this July, Savola and Takween have been in non-binding talks regarding Takween taking Savola’s entire stake in their plastic unit. Talks were initially to be concluded on November 11 but this period was extended in order to give both parties more time to mull over the details and negotiate. The new deadline for the non-binding agreement was set as December 31.
Savola recorded a 53.3% increase in their net profit in the third quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets