Saudi Yansab and Kayan announce financial results for Q2
Yansab posted a net profit of 345.7 million riyals ($92 million) in April-June period. In the same period of last year, the company saw a net profit of 747.3 million riyals ($199 million), implying a yearly decrease of about 54%. This decrease was mainly driven by weaker sales operations due to the shutdowns.
Meanwhile, Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Co. posted a net profit of 242 million riyals ($64 million) in the second quarter of 2017 from 97.3 million riyals ($26 million) recorded in the same period of last year. Economists’ expectations were calling for a net profit of 212 million riyals ($56 million).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September