Saudi distributor: Buyers refrain from purchasing
“The producer is not willing to announce further decreases on their offer levels. Overall supply levels are comfortable but buyers are not willing to make purchases in large volumes given the decreasing trend in other global polymer markets. Meanwhile, the gap between the prices here and prices offered to Turkey is widening. We see that prices are decreasing at a faster rate in Turkey than Saudi Arabia. Therefore, we believe that December prices should be lower in Saudi Arabia. Yet, our decrease expectations from the producer do not exceed $20-30/ton, “he further added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September