Saudi distributor: May PP, PE prices rise
“The market lacks supplies and given the severe tightness, we were already expecting very large hike amounts from the producer. Meanwhile, another Saudi producer is undergoing a shutdown at their PP and PE plants and therefore, we do not expect any deliveries from them in May,” he said.
According to him, the local Saudi producer’s new May prices indicate SAR578-1013/ton ($154-270/ton) hikes for PE, SAR787/ton ($210/ton) increases for PP, SAR1153/ton ($307/ton) increases for PS and rollovers for PET.
The producer offers HDPE film at SAR4800/ton ($1280/ton), LDPE film at SAR5063/ton ($1350/ton), HDPE b/m at SAR4773/ton ($1273/ton), HDPE injection at SAR4763/ton ($1270/ton), LLDPE c4 injection at SAR4988/ton ($1330/ton), PP raffia and injection at SAR4950/ton ($1320/ton) GPPS injection at SAR6227/ton ($1660/ton), HIPS injection at SAR6535/ton ($1743/ton) and PET bottle at SAR4900/ton ($1307/ton), all on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets