Saudi distributor: May PP, PE prices rise
“The market lacks supplies and given the severe tightness, we were already expecting very large hike amounts from the producer. Meanwhile, another Saudi producer is undergoing a shutdown at their PP and PE plants and therefore, we do not expect any deliveries from them in May,” he said.
According to him, the local Saudi producer’s new May prices indicate SAR578-1013/ton ($154-270/ton) hikes for PE, SAR787/ton ($210/ton) increases for PP, SAR1153/ton ($307/ton) increases for PS and rollovers for PET.
The producer offers HDPE film at SAR4800/ton ($1280/ton), LDPE film at SAR5063/ton ($1350/ton), HDPE b/m at SAR4773/ton ($1273/ton), HDPE injection at SAR4763/ton ($1270/ton), LLDPE c4 injection at SAR4988/ton ($1330/ton), PP raffia and injection at SAR4950/ton ($1320/ton) GPPS injection at SAR6227/ton ($1660/ton), HIPS injection at SAR6535/ton ($1743/ton) and PET bottle at SAR4900/ton ($1307/ton), all on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?