Saudi major adopts similar pricing policy for Aug PP, PE in export markets
In China, the Saudi major revealed its new offers with decreases of $50/ton for HDPE and LDPE and $60/ton for LLDPE from last month. The producer’s PP raffia offers, meanwhile, indicated $30/ton drops from two months ago.
The fact that the Saudi major had no supply limitations for August and buying appetite towards import cargoes remained insufficient amid the devaluation of the yuan resulted in visible drops for PE for another month.
In Egypt, meanwhile, August marked the fourth consecutive month that the major Saudi producer revealed its PP and PE offers with rollovers to some decreases. The producer announced new offers with rollovers to decreases of $10-60/ton from last month.
In Turkey, the major Saudi producer initially sought rollovers although their prices were deemed as unworkable considering the prevailing market levels. According to a few converters, the major’s LLDPE c4 film prices were revised down by $10-30/ton later on in response to thin buying appetite.
“The producer may not step back from its initial HDPE offers while LLDPE might see downward adjustments. Buyers’ bids are in line with the low end of the price ranges,” a player said.
In Algeria, the Saudi major applied drops of $30/ton for PP and $20-30/ton for PE compared to its initial July levels. A source reported, “Decreases came in line with our expectations; however, we are cautious with our purchases as prices are still high.”
Meanwhile, the Saudi major’s August announcements to its own local market also indicate decreases amid good supply levels and the overall weakness in demand. The major cut its PP offers by SAR147/ton ($39/ton) from July and revealed PE offers with decreases ranging from SAR75/ton ($20/ton) to SAR113/ton ($30/ton).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PP market set to receive massive capacity additions in 2019
- PS recovery continues in Asia amid slowly rising styrene prices
- Restriction on shopping bags exerts pressure on PE demand in Turkey
- LLDPE moves below €1000/ton in Europe, eyes on awaited US PE cargoes
- Import PVC soars to 4-month high in China, India
- European PET erases hefty gains of 2018, notching 4th month of weakness
- SE Asia PP market likely to remain under pressure amid upcoming capacities
- Saudi major issues drops for January in global PE markets
- PS producers’ January offers defy lower styrene in Europe
- Asian PVC market holds firm prior to Feb announcement