Saudi major announced Oct PP, PE offers to Jordan, Algeria
In Jordan, the Saudi major lifted its PP offers by $60/ton on a monthly basis to $1230/ton for PP injection and raffia, according to a film manufacturer. Buyers reported receiving PE offers with $20-50/ton increases at $1220-1230/ton for HDPE film, $1290-1300/ton for LDPE film and at $1220-1250/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on CIP Amman, 90 days basis.
“Supply seems to be sufficient from the producer whereas demand remains limited to the basic needs only. For this reason, we think that buyers might push for discounts on deals,” said a buyer.
A different buyer commented, “The new offers came in line with our expectations. Prices have increased by around $30-50/ton given the global firming trend. End-demand is moderate whereas supplies are sufficient. Still, we will wait for the rest of the suppliers to reveal their October offers before making any fresh purchases.”
In Algeria, a distributor also received PP and PE offers from the Saudi major with increases compared to the September levels. The major revealed its offers with increases of $20/ton for HDPE film, $30/ton for LLDPE c4 film, PP raffia and inj. and $50/ton for LDPE film.
Accordingly, PP prices are reported at $1230/ton for PP raffia and inj. while PE offers stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film, $1280/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1260/ton for HDPE b/m and $1350/ton for LDPE film, all CIF Algeria, 90 days basis.
The distributor reported, “Market participants were surprised by the amount of increases as they were expecting relatively smaller hikes considering the slow state of demand.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out
- Modest supply sends PVC prices to almost 5-month highs in Türkiye