Saudi major announced Oct PP, PE offers to Jordan, Algeria
In Jordan, the Saudi major lifted its PP offers by $60/ton on a monthly basis to $1230/ton for PP injection and raffia, according to a film manufacturer. Buyers reported receiving PE offers with $20-50/ton increases at $1220-1230/ton for HDPE film, $1290-1300/ton for LDPE film and at $1220-1250/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on CIP Amman, 90 days basis.
“Supply seems to be sufficient from the producer whereas demand remains limited to the basic needs only. For this reason, we think that buyers might push for discounts on deals,” said a buyer.
A different buyer commented, “The new offers came in line with our expectations. Prices have increased by around $30-50/ton given the global firming trend. End-demand is moderate whereas supplies are sufficient. Still, we will wait for the rest of the suppliers to reveal their October offers before making any fresh purchases.”
In Algeria, a distributor also received PP and PE offers from the Saudi major with increases compared to the September levels. The major revealed its offers with increases of $20/ton for HDPE film, $30/ton for LLDPE c4 film, PP raffia and inj. and $50/ton for LDPE film.
Accordingly, PP prices are reported at $1230/ton for PP raffia and inj. while PE offers stand at $1250/ton for HDPE film, $1280/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1260/ton for HDPE b/m and $1350/ton for LDPE film, all CIF Algeria, 90 days basis.
The distributor reported, “Market participants were surprised by the amount of increases as they were expecting relatively smaller hikes considering the slow state of demand.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December