Saudi major announces April PP, PE offers to Egypt
A converter reported receiving new April PP and PE offers from a Saudi producer. According to the converter, the major raised its offers by $50-100/ton for PP grades while issuing rollovers to up to $50/ton increases for PE grades. HDPE pipe (PE 100) indicated a much larger increase of $100/ton from the previous month.
The converter argued that the new prices may see resistance from buyers amidst the weak sentiment in place, hence they are expecting discounts on deals from the Saudi major.
The Saudi major’s new PP and PE prices are now standing at $1280-1300/ton for homo PP raffia and inj., $1310-1330/ton for film, $1330-1350/ton for PP fibre and HDPE film, $1350-1370/ton for PPBC inj., at $1460-1480/ton for PPRC inj., at $1400-1420/ton for LLDPE film, $1430-1450/ton for LDPE film, at $1360-1380/ton for HDPE b/m, at $1400/ton for HDPE pipe (PE 100), all on CIF Egypt, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect