Saudi major announces April PP, PE prices to China
The distributor commented, “The Saudi major is looking for other regions such as Southeast Asia to export their material as prices are not competitive in China and demand remains weak, especially for HDPE. The producer’s LLDPE supplies are tight while they continue to face supply issues for propylene.”
The Saudi major’s new PE offers are currently reported at $1270-1280/ton for LDPE film, at $1160-1170/ton for LLDPE c4 film and at $1160/ton for HDPE film, all on CIF China, cash basis. As for homo-PP raffia, the producer’s April offers stand at $1080-1100/ton with the same terms.
The overall dutiable import ranges have been reported so far this week at $1220-1280/ton for LDPE film, at $1130-1210$/ton for LLDPE c4 film, at $1118-1170/ton for HDPE film and at $1015-1100/ton for homo-PP raffia, all on CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets