Saudi major announces August PP, PE, PS prices to local market
“We were expecting larger decrease amounts given the large gap between the prices in Saudi Arabia and other markets such as Turkey and Southeast Asia. Following the decreases, overall demand has revived a bit while the fading lull of the Ramadan holiday also helped buying interest to improve. Coming to supply levels, we do not have a clear view for PE availability, but PP supplies appear to be fine,” he stated.
According to him, PE prices are down by SAR150-263/ton ($40-70/ton), PP prices are down by SAR300/ton ($80/ton) and GPPS and HIPS prices are down SAR375/ton ($100/ton) from the latest July levels they received.
The producer’s new HDPE film prices stand at SAR5063/ton ($1350/ton), HDPE b/m at SAR5176/ton ($1380/ton), LDPE and LLDPE c4 film at SAR5100/ton ($1360/ton), PP raffia and injection at SAR4913/ton ($1310/ton), GPPS injection at SAR5583/ton ($1489/ton) and HIPS injection at SAR5891/ton ($1571/ton) on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa