Saudi major announces August PP, PE, PS prices to local market
“We were expecting larger decrease amounts given the large gap between the prices in Saudi Arabia and other markets such as Turkey and Southeast Asia. Following the decreases, overall demand has revived a bit while the fading lull of the Ramadan holiday also helped buying interest to improve. Coming to supply levels, we do not have a clear view for PE availability, but PP supplies appear to be fine,” he stated.
According to him, PE prices are down by SAR150-263/ton ($40-70/ton), PP prices are down by SAR300/ton ($80/ton) and GPPS and HIPS prices are down SAR375/ton ($100/ton) from the latest July levels they received.
The producer’s new HDPE film prices stand at SAR5063/ton ($1350/ton), HDPE b/m at SAR5176/ton ($1380/ton), LDPE and LLDPE c4 film at SAR5100/ton ($1360/ton), PP raffia and injection at SAR4913/ton ($1310/ton), GPPS injection at SAR5583/ton ($1489/ton) and HIPS injection at SAR5891/ton ($1571/ton) on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce