Saudi major announces Jan PE, PP offers to China
According to the agent, the producer lowered its prices by $50/ton for HDPE film, $40/ton for LDPE film, $20/ton for LLDPE film and $20-30/ton for homo-PP when compared to its December levels.
The Saudi major’s January prices currently stand at $1190/ton for LDPE film, at $1160-1170/ton for LLDPE film, at $1280/ton for HDPE film and at $1180/ton for homo-PP raffia, all on CIF China, cash basis.
The agent commented, “Buyers mostly found our new offer levels to be acceptable and we have almost sold out our January PE allocation. We believe that demand will be okay in January in the midst of higher monomer and crude oil prices. The Saudi major has no supply issues for the moment.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices