Saudi major announces Jan PE, PP offers to China
According to the agent, the producer lowered its prices by $50/ton for HDPE film, $40/ton for LDPE film, $20/ton for LLDPE film and $20-30/ton for homo-PP when compared to its December levels.
The Saudi major’s January prices currently stand at $1190/ton for LDPE film, at $1160-1170/ton for LLDPE film, at $1280/ton for HDPE film and at $1180/ton for homo-PP raffia, all on CIF China, cash basis.
The agent commented, “Buyers mostly found our new offer levels to be acceptable and we have almost sold out our January PE allocation. We believe that demand will be okay in January in the midst of higher monomer and crude oil prices. The Saudi major has no supply issues for the moment.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows
- Bearish sentiment spills over to Middle Eastern PP, PE markets in November