Saudi major announces July PP, PE prices to China
“China’s PP and PE markets have mostly been on a softening trend since March while demand towards end products decreased by around 30-40% when compared to the same period of last year. The Saudi major has sufficient supplies. We expect to see an increase in overall supply once several plants are restarted in July,” he commented.
The Saudi major’s July prices currently stand at $1170/ton for LDPE film, at $1080/ton for LLDPE film, at $1110/ton for HDPE film and at $940/ton for homo-PP raffia, all on CIF China, cash basis. The agent added that the producer’s homo-PP raffia level is only obtainable on large scale purchases.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint