Saudi major announces July PP, PE prices to China
“China’s PP and PE markets have mostly been on a softening trend since March while demand towards end products decreased by around 30-40% when compared to the same period of last year. The Saudi major has sufficient supplies. We expect to see an increase in overall supply once several plants are restarted in July,” he commented.
The Saudi major’s July prices currently stand at $1170/ton for LDPE film, at $1080/ton for LLDPE film, at $1110/ton for HDPE film and at $940/ton for homo-PP raffia, all on CIF China, cash basis. The agent added that the producer’s homo-PP raffia level is only obtainable on large scale purchases.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets