Saudi major announces July PP, PE prices to China
“China’s PP and PE markets have mostly been on a softening trend since March while demand towards end products decreased by around 30-40% when compared to the same period of last year. The Saudi major has sufficient supplies. We expect to see an increase in overall supply once several plants are restarted in July,” he commented.
The Saudi major’s July prices currently stand at $1170/ton for LDPE film, at $1080/ton for LLDPE film, at $1110/ton for HDPE film and at $940/ton for homo-PP raffia, all on CIF China, cash basis. The agent added that the producer’s homo-PP raffia level is only obtainable on large scale purchases.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia