Saudi major announces June PP, PE prices to Philippines: trader
The producer’s new June PP prices stand at $1450-1470/ton for block copolymer, at $1510/ton for random copolymer, at $1380/ton for raffia and at $1410/ton for film, all on a CIF Philippines, cash basis. For PE, the producer is offering LDPE film at $1430/ton, LLDPE film at $1400-1420/ton and HDPE film at $1420/ton with the same terms.
The trader commented, “We feel that demand is currently not strong enough to support these levels and we expect to see some corrections by the end of June when many plants will be restarted after maintenance shutdowns.”
In Southeast Asia, PP prices for Middle Eastern origins currently stand at $1410-1470/ton for block copolymer, at $1510/ton for random copolymer, at $1360-1390/ton for raffia and at $1410/ton for film, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. Middle Eastern PE offers, meanwhile, are reported at $1430/ton for LDPE film, at $1370-1440/ton for LLDPE film and at $1380-1440/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness