Saudi major announces Nov PE, PP prices to Kenya
According to the converters, the Saudi major’s November prices indicate decreases of $10/ton for homo PP film, raffia and injection and for HDPE blow moulding while the producer rolled over its new LLDPE c4, LDPE and HDPE film offers from October.
Currently, the producer’s new offers to Kenya are reported at $1210/ton for HDPE film, LDPE film and LLDPE c4 film, at $1220/ton for HDPE blow moulding and at $1030/ton for homo PP raffia and injection, all on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days deferred payment basis.
One of the plastic end manufacturers complained about slow market activities in Kenya amidst good availability in the market. He also cited the political instability in their country as the reason behind the slowing market activities; as the presidential elections will start next year and people are taking a cautious stance nowadays.
“The producer continued to roll over their offers amid the slow demand state. Supplies are available in the market but demand on our end product is discouraging. We were hoping to see some improvements by this month in demand; but overall demand remains below the average rates,” opined the other converter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year