Saudi major announces Sept PP, PE prices to Egypt
A trader reported that the Saudi major offers HDPE film, LLDPE film and LDPE film at $1210/ton, HDPE blow moulding at $1240/ton, HDPE injection at $1260/ton, HDPE pipe (PE 100) at $1300-1340/ton, homo-PP raffia and injection at $1050/ton, homo-PP film and fibre at $1080/ton, PPBC injection at $1220/ton, PPRC injection at $1310/ton, PPRC pipe (Type 3) at $1390/ton, all on CIF Suez, 90 days deferred payment basis.
The trader commented that local market activities are still slow due to the ongoing parity issues and they are not expecting to see any major movements with the upcoming Eid holidays.
A converter also reported that except for receiving PPBC injection at $1210/ton, they received the same price levels from the Saudi major with the same terms.
He added, “The announcements are in line with our expectations as the market is quite slow given the upcoming Eid holidays. Dollar parity issues and difficulties when opening letters of credits at the banks are hampering import purchases.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months