Saudi major announces new February PP, PE prices to SEA
The producer’s new prices for February stand at $1050/ton for homo-PP raffia, injection and BOPP, at $1180/ton for PP block copolymer, at $1140/ton for LLDPE film and at $1150/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
A source from the producer stated, “We hope to conclude deals at our initial levels but we may consider giving some discounts to serious buyers. Demand has shown some improvements in the nearby Chinese market and we expect this to provide some support for prices in Southeast Asia.”
A Southeast Asian trader who reported receiving new February prices from the Saudi producer stated, “We think that the producer’s new levels are not workable in the regional markets, where most buyers are looking for levels below $1100/ton CIF, cash.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic