Saudi major cuts June PE, PP prices to China
The producer cut its HDPE film prices by $30/ton to $1130/ton CIF China, cash basis while decreasing both LLDPE and LDPE film prices by $50-60/ton to $1110/ton and to $1220/ton, respectively. Meanwhile, the producer’s offers for homo-PP raffia were also down by $100/ton at $950/ton with the same terms.
The agent commented, “Demand is sluggish and we are selling at a loss as the local market is still offering more competitive edges to buyers. Except for LLDPE, it is currently the off season for both PP and PE in China. We think the market will remain weak in the days ahead.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market