Saudi major cuts Nov PE offers further to Jordan
The Saudi major’s cumulative November decreases reached $40/ton for LLDPE, $30/ton for HDPE and $50/ton for LDPE film.
The source commented, “Suppliers are more willing to negotiate due to the hindered market activities. Decrease amounts are variable depending on purchasing amounts, though. Demand for our end products is slow and we lowered our operating rates accordingly. Demand is expected to remain slow until the end of the year and we expect prices to follow a steady path in December. However, we are concerned about availability.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows