Saudi major gives further discounts on June PP, PE deals in Egypt
According to the buyer, the new June deals they concluded with the producer indicate further discounts of around $40-70/ton from their initial June levels. The buyer purchased homo-PP raffia and injection at $1050-1080/ton CIF Suez, 90 days deferred payment basis and LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film at $1210-1240/ton with the same terms.
The converter commented, “We secured our urgent needs from the major producer as we were able to obtain further discounts. In the local market, demand remains weak and trading activities are quite slow given the month of Ramadan.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect