Saudi major issues Dec PE, PP offers to local market and Egypt
According to a plastic end manufacturer, the Saudi major rolled over its December PP and PE prices to its local market at its last November levels.
The converter commented that the market state is not steady given the political unrest while demand is below average and they are not expecting any major changes given the year-end period.
A plastic end product manufacturer operating in Egypt also received rollovers from November for another month.
“The producer rolled over their prices for a sixth consecutive month while the producer’s new price announcement came against our expectations as we were expecting the producer to issue some decreases on their December offers given the year-end period and the upcoming Christmas holidays. We will wait to hear other Middle Eastern producers’ December offers before making any fresh purchases,” reported the converter.
However, a trader receiving new prices from the major said that the new announcements came in line with their expectations, adding that they are observing the market’s trend cautiously to see the impacts of the recent gains in the dollar parity on the market and they will wait for other producers to reveal their offers before they decide their next move in the market.
In Egypt, the fluctuating exchanges rates continue to set the trend in the PE and PP markets. Players are cautiously approaching the markets due to the rapidly changing parities and they refrain from making risky import purchases under these circumstances. In addition, liquidity tightness and the problematic opening of LCs still hinder import activities. Most buyers prefer to make purchases from the local market albeit in limited quantities and no major improvement is expected in buying interest in the near term. In the face of all these factors, some players hope to achieve some discounts on their December deals.
Similarly, in Saudi Arabia, demand remains slow due to the ongoing political and economic woes and no major improvement is expected in buying activity as the year-end lull nears.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Styrene prices sink to multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- European PET posts double-digit decreases for October
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia