Saudi major issues PP, PE prices for Sept to Turkey
A Saudi Arabian major announced its new offers at $1200/ton for homo PP raffia and $1220-1230/ton for PP fibre, both CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash basis. These levels represented increases of $90-100/ton from August deals concluded for Saudi origins.
Converters also reported receiving new PE prices from the major at $1230-1250/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1190-1200/ton for HDPE film, FCA Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. The producer’s most recent offers were up by $50-70/ton and $40-50/ton, respectively from August. “We were told by the supplier that these levels may be revised further up next week,” said a buyer.
The bullish polymer markets in China and Europe supported the sentiment for both products. Supply woes in the US amidst severe output disruptions following Hurricane Harvey pushed costs up on a global scale and supported Mid-Eastern sellers as well. More PP and PE sellers from the Middle East are expected to approach the market with increases next week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East