Saudi major lifts PP, PE offers to Kenya
A manufacturer receiving the major’s new offers said that new prices are standing at $1200/ton for homo PP raffia and injection, at 1350/ton for LLDPE film, at $1400/ton for LDPE film, at $1300/ton for HDPE film and at $1320/ton for HDPE b/m, all on a CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis. The buyer also reported that they were able to achieve a discount of $40/ton for HDPE b/m from the initial offers, making some purchases at $1280/ton with the same terms.
The converter said that demand remains disappointing as buyers are only securing their immediate needs given their weak end sales; however, they expect demand to improve as of May given the preparations for the summer season.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high