Saudi major reveals Dec PE offers to China
According to the agent, the producer cut its LDPE and LLDPE film offers by $20/ton and $10-20/ton, respectively, from November while increasing its HDPE offers further by $50/ton.
The Saudi major’s December prices currently stand at $1230/ton for LDPE film, at $1180-1190/ton for LLDPE film and at $1330/ton for HDPE film, all on CIF China, cash basis.
The agent commented, “Demand is relatively slower when compared to previous weeks as buyers deem the prevailing levels too high. Meanwhile, LDPE and LLDPE see weaker demand than HDPE grades. For the past two months, our supplier had no HDPE film production as they switched to HDPE pipe. For now, the producer is recovering its HDPE supplies and the ongoing issues are expected to be solved in December. We are cautious regarding the outlook as we think prices may undergo a correction given a possible easing in HDPE supply issues.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs