Saudi major reveals October PP, PE prices to Egypt
The producer’s PE prices indicate $70-120/ton hikes when compared with their latest September levels. Their LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film prices stand at a single level of $1370/ton on CIF Suez, 90 days deferred payment basis, according to the buyer. Meanwhile, the buyer pegged the Saudi producer’s PP raffia and injection offers at $1240/ton, up $90/ton, and at $1250/ton for PP film and fibre, up $60-70/ton when compared to their most recent September levels.
In late September, as mentioned in Egypt’s Weekly Polymer Analysis for PP and PE, limited supply talks were generating expectations of either stable or slightly firmer price levels for October. Many players were questioning if the decreasing trend was coming to an end, although they were still highlighting weak demand, which was worsened by the Eid-al-Adha holiday.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops