Saudi major’s April PP, PE offers revealed on divergent note in Kenya
The major raised its LDPE film offers by $20/ton to $1420/ton while its new HDPE film and LLDPE film offers indicated a decreases of $10-20/ton from March to be respectively reported at $1290/ton and 1330/ton with the same terms.
“Demand is not performing well in Kenya amidst cash issues, new ban on plastic bags and the upcoming elections. All these factors are pushing players to be cautious in their fresh purchases. The Saudi major reported that their allocations are tight for this month while South African Sasol’s PE and PP exports are being delayed due to a serious fire,” noted a trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness