Saudi major’s Oct PP, PE offers to Lebanon follow regional upturn
A household manufacturer in Lebanon received new PP offers from the Saudi major with $50/ton increases at $1230/ton for PP raffia and injection and $1260/ton for PP film. Offers for PP block copolymer were an exception as they were steady on the month at $1240/ton, all CIF Beirut, 90 days deferred payment.
In the PE market, the producer respectively applied $20/ton, $30/ton and $40/ton increases on LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film, offering at $1310/ton, $1220/ton and $1220/ton, all CIF Beirut, 90 days deferred payment, the buyer reported.
Considerably larger increases were reported for HDPE injection as its offer was up by $90/ton to $1240/ton with the same terms.
“Demand is gradually improving in line with the preparations for the Christmas and new year holidays. Therefore, players have started to secure their needs,” the buyer said. He added that the Saudi major is able to deliver without any problem whereas other Middle Eastern producers have limited quantities to offer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market