Saudi major’s Oct PP, PE offers to Lebanon follow regional upturn
A household manufacturer in Lebanon received new PP offers from the Saudi major with $50/ton increases at $1230/ton for PP raffia and injection and $1260/ton for PP film. Offers for PP block copolymer were an exception as they were steady on the month at $1240/ton, all CIF Beirut, 90 days deferred payment.
In the PE market, the producer respectively applied $20/ton, $30/ton and $40/ton increases on LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film, offering at $1310/ton, $1220/ton and $1220/ton, all CIF Beirut, 90 days deferred payment, the buyer reported.
Considerably larger increases were reported for HDPE injection as its offer was up by $90/ton to $1240/ton with the same terms.
“Demand is gradually improving in line with the preparations for the Christmas and new year holidays. Therefore, players have started to secure their needs,” the buyer said. He added that the Saudi major is able to deliver without any problem whereas other Middle Eastern producers have limited quantities to offer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic