Saudi major’s Oct PP, PE offers to Lebanon follow regional upturn
A household manufacturer in Lebanon received new PP offers from the Saudi major with $50/ton increases at $1230/ton for PP raffia and injection and $1260/ton for PP film. Offers for PP block copolymer were an exception as they were steady on the month at $1240/ton, all CIF Beirut, 90 days deferred payment.
In the PE market, the producer respectively applied $20/ton, $30/ton and $40/ton increases on LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film, offering at $1310/ton, $1220/ton and $1220/ton, all CIF Beirut, 90 days deferred payment, the buyer reported.
Considerably larger increases were reported for HDPE injection as its offer was up by $90/ton to $1240/ton with the same terms.
“Demand is gradually improving in line with the preparations for the Christmas and new year holidays. Therefore, players have started to secure their needs,” the buyer said. He added that the Saudi major is able to deliver without any problem whereas other Middle Eastern producers have limited quantities to offer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey