Saudi major seeks hikes for Oct PP, PE offers in Tunisia
A manufacturer reported receiving new offers from the producer with €20/ton increases for PP raffia and injection at €1050/ton and €10/ton increases for PP block copolymer injection at €1130/ton CIF Tunis, 90 days deferred payment.
The buyer received new LDPE and HDPE film offers with €30/ton increases and LLDPE film offers with €20/ton increases, respectively at €1190/ton, €1070-1080/ton and €1070/ton with the same terms. Larger hikes were applied on HDPE injection and pipe as they were up by €60/ton for HDPE injection to €1120/ton and €70/ton for HDPE pipe 100 to €1220/ton, with the same terms.
The buyer commented, “We were expecting these increases given the globally firming trend. However, demand is below average for our end products. We are waiting to see if discounts could be achieved by the end of the negotiations.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high