Saudi major seeks mostly rollovers for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
Converters in Turkey reported receiving new PE prices from the Saudi producer with rollovers for LLDPE and slight gains for HDPE amidst the already poor netbacks compared to other markets. At the time of the publication, no PP prices have been out from the source regarding December. The country’s PE market followed a mostly stable trend this week between the dampened year-end activity and restricted supplies from the Mid-East and Iran.
In United Arab Emirates, meanwhile, the Saudi supplier maintained its price levels for PP raffia, injection, HDPE and LLDPE film, moving into December. Traders in the country stated, “Suppliers are keeping their offers stable amidst firm upstream costs and the lack of sales pressure despite disappointing demand.” Supply was sufficient and buyers placed lower bids, some players argued.
Buyers in Lebanon and Jordan received fresh offers from the producer with rollovers over November, as well. The producer kept its prices flat for homo PP grades, LDPE, LLDPE as well as HDPE film, inj. and b/m., except for a $30/ton cut for LDPE to Lebanon.
Looking at Africa, the Saudi major announced stable PP and PE offers to Egypt for December, while players think that deals might be concluded below these initial prices in the latter part of the month. Other regional producers followed suit while a different Saudi supplier applied decreases on both PP and PE. “Demand remains discouraging amidst the ongoing liquidity problems and slow end product demand,” participants reported.
The major also adopted a stable pricing policy for PP, PE in Algeria and Libya for the month. An Algerian buyer mentioned, “PP and PE prices did not change much for December while harsh economic conditions are hampering trading activity. We are limiting our purchases with our basic needs.”
The major’s prices to Tunisia were steady for LDPE, PP raffia and injection from last month, although they were up by €10/ton for PPBC injection and €40/ton for HDPE injection and pipe grades. A buyer in the country commented, "Sluggish demand is dominating the market these days. We don’t expect major price changes until the end of the year.”
In the meantime, players in Kenya were offered rollovers by the Saudi producer for PE, whereas the source adjusted its PP prices down by $20/ton. A buyer pointed to the slow demand particularly for HDPE film due to the plastic ban in the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Non-European PPBC offers at aggressive levels add to bearishness in Italy
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows