Saudi major steps back from initial May PP, PE prices in Egypt
This week, a converter reported that this particular Saudi producer issued around $20/ton discounts both on their PE and homo-PP offers to their regular customers. According to the converter, the producer still continues to offer their initial May levels, but is willing to give some small discounts to their chief accounts.
The producer’s initial May PP prices continue to stand at $1170/ton for homo-PP, at $1300/ton for LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film, at $1330/ton for HDPE blow moulding and at $1350/ton for HDPE injection on a CIF Egypt, 90 days basis. However, now with their $20/ton discounts, the producer’s offers stand at a range of $1150-1170/ton for homo-PP, at $1280-1300/ton for LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film, $1310-1330/ton for HDPE b/m and at $1330-1350/ton for HDPE injection with the same terms.
“The Saudi producer’s prices are already above other Middle Eastern producers’ offers, which stand at $1070-1090/ton on a CIF, 90 days. Despite the large premium their offers carry, the Saudi producer remains adamant regarding their prices and issued only small discounts to their key accounts,” underlined the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months