Saudi major steps back from initial May PP, PE prices in Egypt
This week, a converter reported that this particular Saudi producer issued around $20/ton discounts both on their PE and homo-PP offers to their regular customers. According to the converter, the producer still continues to offer their initial May levels, but is willing to give some small discounts to their chief accounts.
The producer’s initial May PP prices continue to stand at $1170/ton for homo-PP, at $1300/ton for LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film, at $1330/ton for HDPE blow moulding and at $1350/ton for HDPE injection on a CIF Egypt, 90 days basis. However, now with their $20/ton discounts, the producer’s offers stand at a range of $1150-1170/ton for homo-PP, at $1280-1300/ton for LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film, $1310-1330/ton for HDPE b/m and at $1330-1350/ton for HDPE injection with the same terms.
“The Saudi producer’s prices are already above other Middle Eastern producers’ offers, which stand at $1070-1090/ton on a CIF, 90 days. Despite the large premium their offers carry, the Saudi producer remains adamant regarding their prices and issued only small discounts to their key accounts,” underlined the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov