Saudi players receive June polymer prices from a local major
The producer’s new PP prices indicate rollovers to SAR36-38/ton ($9-10/ton) increases from May while they issued decreases of SAR75/ton ($20/ton) for PE, SAR113/ton ($30/ton) for PVC, SAR300/ton ($80/ton) for PS and SAR347/ton ($93/ton) for PET bottle when compared to their May levels.
A distributor who received these prices from the major producer stated, “We were surprised with the producer’s increase decision for PP as demand is quite slow ahead of Ramadan. Decrease amounts for other polymer prices came in line with our initial expectations.”
The producer currently offers PP raffia and injection at SAR3862-3863/ton ($1030/ton), PP film and fibre at SAR3975/ton ($1060/ton), PPRC injection at SAR4500/ton ($1200/ton), PPRC (Type 3) pipe at SAR4838/ton ($1290/ton), HDPE film at SAR4275/ton ($1140/ton), HDPE blow moulding at SAR4388/ton ($1170/ton), LDPE film at SAR4350/ton ($1160/ton), LLDPE film at SAR4238/ton ($1130/ton), PVC k67-68 at SAR3375/ton ($900/ton), GPPS at SAR4950/ton ($1320/ton), HIPS at SAR5250/ton ($1400/ton) and PET bottle at SAR3437/ton ($916/ton), all on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019