Saudi players receive June polymer prices from a local major
The producer’s new PP prices indicate rollovers to SAR36-38/ton ($9-10/ton) increases from May while they issued decreases of SAR75/ton ($20/ton) for PE, SAR113/ton ($30/ton) for PVC, SAR300/ton ($80/ton) for PS and SAR347/ton ($93/ton) for PET bottle when compared to their May levels.
A distributor who received these prices from the major producer stated, “We were surprised with the producer’s increase decision for PP as demand is quite slow ahead of Ramadan. Decrease amounts for other polymer prices came in line with our initial expectations.”
The producer currently offers PP raffia and injection at SAR3862-3863/ton ($1030/ton), PP film and fibre at SAR3975/ton ($1060/ton), PPRC injection at SAR4500/ton ($1200/ton), PPRC (Type 3) pipe at SAR4838/ton ($1290/ton), HDPE film at SAR4275/ton ($1140/ton), HDPE blow moulding at SAR4388/ton ($1170/ton), LDPE film at SAR4350/ton ($1160/ton), LLDPE film at SAR4238/ton ($1130/ton), PVC k67-68 at SAR3375/ton ($900/ton), GPPS at SAR4950/ton ($1320/ton), HIPS at SAR5250/ton ($1400/ton) and PET bottle at SAR3437/ton ($916/ton), all on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion