Saudi producer announces Feb PE prices to Vietnam and Indonesia
In Vietnam, according to a trader, the Saudi producer increased their prices by $50/ton, bringing their new PE offers to $1180/ton for HDPE film and to $1240/ton for LLDPE film, both on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “We heard that the producer lifted their prices due to a shortage of feedstock,” he stated.
Meanwhile, a trader in Indonesia reported that the Saudi producer’s new offers stand at $1210/ton for LLDPE film and at $1160/ton for HDPE film, on a CIF Indonesia, cash basis. According to him, the producer increased their prices by $10/ton for HDPE film and rolled over for LLDPE film compared to their January offers.
He commented, “The producer’s new offers came earlier due to the approaching Chinese New Year holiday. We have been receiving a good number of inquiries for LLDPE from our customers due to the LLDPE tightness in Indonesia. Similarly, our supplier informed they have limited quantities to offer. When it comes to HDPE, we believe that February deals will be concluded above the $1100/ton level.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia