Saudi producer announces Feb PE prices to Vietnam and Indonesia
In Vietnam, according to a trader, the Saudi producer increased their prices by $50/ton, bringing their new PE offers to $1180/ton for HDPE film and to $1240/ton for LLDPE film, both on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “We heard that the producer lifted their prices due to a shortage of feedstock,” he stated.
Meanwhile, a trader in Indonesia reported that the Saudi producer’s new offers stand at $1210/ton for LLDPE film and at $1160/ton for HDPE film, on a CIF Indonesia, cash basis. According to him, the producer increased their prices by $10/ton for HDPE film and rolled over for LLDPE film compared to their January offers.
He commented, “The producer’s new offers came earlier due to the approaching Chinese New Year holiday. We have been receiving a good number of inquiries for LLDPE from our customers due to the LLDPE tightness in Indonesia. Similarly, our supplier informed they have limited quantities to offer. When it comes to HDPE, we believe that February deals will be concluded above the $1100/ton level.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows