Saudi producer announces Feb PE prices to Vietnam and Indonesia
In Vietnam, according to a trader, the Saudi producer increased their prices by $50/ton, bringing their new PE offers to $1180/ton for HDPE film and to $1240/ton for LLDPE film, both on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “We heard that the producer lifted their prices due to a shortage of feedstock,” he stated.
Meanwhile, a trader in Indonesia reported that the Saudi producer’s new offers stand at $1210/ton for LLDPE film and at $1160/ton for HDPE film, on a CIF Indonesia, cash basis. According to him, the producer increased their prices by $10/ton for HDPE film and rolled over for LLDPE film compared to their January offers.
He commented, “The producer’s new offers came earlier due to the approaching Chinese New Year holiday. We have been receiving a good number of inquiries for LLDPE from our customers due to the LLDPE tightness in Indonesia. Similarly, our supplier informed they have limited quantities to offer. When it comes to HDPE, we believe that February deals will be concluded above the $1100/ton level.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers