Saudi producer announces Feb PE prices to Vietnam and Indonesia
In Vietnam, according to a trader, the Saudi producer increased their prices by $50/ton, bringing their new PE offers to $1180/ton for HDPE film and to $1240/ton for LLDPE film, both on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “We heard that the producer lifted their prices due to a shortage of feedstock,” he stated.
Meanwhile, a trader in Indonesia reported that the Saudi producer’s new offers stand at $1210/ton for LLDPE film and at $1160/ton for HDPE film, on a CIF Indonesia, cash basis. According to him, the producer increased their prices by $10/ton for HDPE film and rolled over for LLDPE film compared to their January offers.
He commented, “The producer’s new offers came earlier due to the approaching Chinese New Year holiday. We have been receiving a good number of inquiries for LLDPE from our customers due to the LLDPE tightness in Indonesia. Similarly, our supplier informed they have limited quantities to offer. When it comes to HDPE, we believe that February deals will be concluded above the $1100/ton level.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops