Saudi producer cuts homo-PP prices to Vietnam
The trader purchased 200 tons of PP raffia and injection at $1280/ton on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. He commented, “We are planning to wait for prices to drop to $1250/ton CIF, cash before we make another purchase. Local demand remains stagnant.”
Another buyer who reported receiving the $1280/ton level from the same source stated, “Prices for Saudi homo-PP are lower compared to the beginning of the week. However, we feel that the market still has some room to go down as Chinese cargoes are currently offered at even lower levels of around $1250/ton CIF, cash. Hence, we are planning to wait until next week before deciding on our purchase.”
Meanwhile, the Saudi supplier received some counter bids from a Vietnamese trader at $1260/ton CIF, cash, down $20/ton from their current homo-PP offers. The trader who placed this bid stated, “If the Saudi supplier accepts our offer, we may consider purchasing some material from them. If not, we will delay replenishing for now as local demand remains slow.”
In Vietnam, overall import homo-PP prices currently stand at $1250-1380/ton for raffia and at $1250-1320/ton for injection, all on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market extends drops on competitive US cargos, lukewarm demand
- Vietnam’s import PP raffia market hits lowest since late 2016
- Spot styrene prices in Europe find mild support from upcoming turnarounds
- Export PET prices from China signal stabilization after 6 weeks of declines
- SEA PE market remains under pressure from flood of competitive US offers
- PS markets plunge to 3-year low in China, SEA
- Yuan devaluation sends import LLDPE, HDPE back to 10-year low in China
- PET markets hit two-year low in China, SEA
- Naphtha hits lowest of 2 years in Europe, 8 months in Asia; eyes on oil
- Downturn halts in Europe’s PP, PE and PVC markets ahead of holidays