Saudi producer issues November PP, PE prices to Nigeria
According to the buyer, the producers’ prices for PP raffia and injection are $40/ton lower from October. “The Saudi producer cut their PP prices by $40/ton while the local producer ELEME also issued another NGN10,000/ton ($61) decrease on top of the NGN10,000/ton decrease they issued last week. These decreases are encouraging buyers to stick to the sidelines as they prefer to see all offers for November before purchasing. Meanwhile, overall supply levels are comfortable.”
Looking at prices, the buyer received PP raffia and injection at $1560/ton, PP block copolymer injection at $1680/ton, HDPE film at $1660/ton and LDPE film at $1680-1700/ton on a CFR Lagos, Nigeria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
These new prices indicate $40/ton decreases for PP raffia and injection, $60/ton drops for HDPE film, $30-50/ton cuts for LDPE film while indicating a stable to $10/ton softer trend for PP block copolymer injection when compared with the most recent offers reported for September for this producer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets