Saudi producer lifts November HDPE prices to Morocco
“The rest of the offers from the Saudi producer mostly indicate rollovers. Offer levels in Morocco have been considered low since September and this situation may have pushed the producer to issue rollovers to slight increases on their prices. Meanwhile, supply wise, LDPE film and HDPE blow moulding cargoes are limited in the market. Only a few Middle Eastern producers announced prices to Morocco for November. Most of the Middle Eastern producers, taking the weak conditions in Morocco into consideration, prefer other markets where they can achieve higher netbacks, such as Algeria,” he commented. The trader also highlighted payment issues in the distribution market as another reason why some sellers are less willing to sell to Morocco.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets