Saudi producer reduces Dec PP, PE prices to SEA
The producer’s new prices are down $80/ton for PP block copolymer and HDPE film, $90/ton for LLDPE film, $100-120/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia and $120/ton for BOPP, bringing their new prices to $1500/ton for PP block copolymer injection, $1480/ton for HDPE film, $1470/ton for LLDPE film, $1430/ton for BOPP and to $1420/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
“We expect to see some resistance from buyers even after implementing steep decreases and we hope that market prices will begin to stabilize soon. We are feeling free from sales pressure for homo-PP as our availability for these products is limited,” a producer source commented.
Import prices currently stand at $1380-1560/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, $1430/ton for BOPP, $1470-1640/ton for PP block copolymer injection, $1420-1580/ton for HDPE film and at $1470-1580/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September