Saudi producer reduces Dec PP, PE prices to SEA
The producer’s new prices are down $80/ton for PP block copolymer and HDPE film, $90/ton for LLDPE film, $100-120/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia and $120/ton for BOPP, bringing their new prices to $1500/ton for PP block copolymer injection, $1480/ton for HDPE film, $1470/ton for LLDPE film, $1430/ton for BOPP and to $1420/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
“We expect to see some resistance from buyers even after implementing steep decreases and we hope that market prices will begin to stabilize soon. We are feeling free from sales pressure for homo-PP as our availability for these products is limited,” a producer source commented.
Import prices currently stand at $1380-1560/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, $1430/ton for BOPP, $1470-1640/ton for PP block copolymer injection, $1420-1580/ton for HDPE film and at $1470-1580/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons