Saudi producer reduces Dec PP, PE prices to SEA
The producer’s new prices are down $80/ton for PP block copolymer and HDPE film, $90/ton for LLDPE film, $100-120/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia and $120/ton for BOPP, bringing their new prices to $1500/ton for PP block copolymer injection, $1480/ton for HDPE film, $1470/ton for LLDPE film, $1430/ton for BOPP and to $1420/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
“We expect to see some resistance from buyers even after implementing steep decreases and we hope that market prices will begin to stabilize soon. We are feeling free from sales pressure for homo-PP as our availability for these products is limited,” a producer source commented.
Import prices currently stand at $1380-1560/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, $1430/ton for BOPP, $1470-1640/ton for PP block copolymer injection, $1420-1580/ton for HDPE film and at $1470-1580/ton for LLDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion