Saudi producer reveals new Jan PP, PE prices to SEA
The producer’s new prices are standing at $1230/ton for PP block copolymer, at $1150/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection, at $1170/ton for BOPP, at $1180-1200/ton for LLDPE film and at $1210-1220/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis.
A source from the producer stated, “We are offering our regular allocation to Southeast Asia for January. When compared to PE, PP prices are facing more pressure owing to ample propylene supplies in Asia. We are not feeling optimistic regarding the near term outlook despite the recent gains in crude oil prices.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand