Saudi producer revises January PP,PE prices downward to Egypt
According to the buyer, they received LDPE film at $1340/ton, HDPE film at $1300/ton and LLDPE film at $1320/ton on CIF, 90 days deferred payment basis. These prices indicate $20/ton decreases for LDPE and HDPE film and they are $40/ton down for LLDPE film. Meanwhile, the converter received PP raffia and injection at $1300/ton with the same terms. These new levels indicate $50/ton decreases from the producer’s initial January prices.
“Despite the Saudi producer’s adjustments, we still find these levels very high. Given the market’s decrease expectations for February, we are not planning to make any fresh import purchases this month. Plus, we already hold high stock levels amidst weak end product demand,” added the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF