Saudi producer revises January PP,PE prices downward to Egypt
According to the buyer, they received LDPE film at $1340/ton, HDPE film at $1300/ton and LLDPE film at $1320/ton on CIF, 90 days deferred payment basis. These prices indicate $20/ton decreases for LDPE and HDPE film and they are $40/ton down for LLDPE film. Meanwhile, the converter received PP raffia and injection at $1300/ton with the same terms. These new levels indicate $50/ton decreases from the producer’s initial January prices.
“Despite the Saudi producer’s adjustments, we still find these levels very high. Given the market’s decrease expectations for February, we are not planning to make any fresh import purchases this month. Plus, we already hold high stock levels amidst weak end product demand,” added the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion